Anyone who is thinking big as an entrepreneur dreams of starting a international business that competes with the best, but to be frank this is unrealistic, fortunately there is a real alternative.
More of us have decided that we need options in life that exclude working 24/7 for the man. In many cases we are looking at the opportunities available around world and asking if starting a international business is really possible.
The main issue that hold us back are things like:
- What type of small profitable business ideas are available to us?
- What type of education or training will I need?
- Will I need to invest a lot of money into my business?
- And what are the chances that I will be successful?
If you are asking these questions then you are already in the right mindset for starting a international business.
Does starting a international business mean I need to travel all the time?
Absolutely not unless you really want to.
The internet has seriously changed everything in our lives. To be an international entrepreneur you do not need to go far from your kitchen table and laptop. Running a global operation means having your brand or product available globally. If you are new to this concept, the key is to partner up with a company that offers a global platform for their customers already.
What type of company offers a global platform to someone new to global marketing?
The best type of company to run a global business is direct sales.
The main reason is because direct sales is:
- Affordable to get started
- There is no educational prerequisites
- Direct sales does not prejudge
- Direct sales is not racist, ageist or care what gender you believe you are
- Direct sales allows anyone to learn while they earn
- Direct sales allows you to choose your own hours
- Finally, the earning perpetual is limitless (So, the more you work the more you earn)
What is direct sales?
Being someone in direct sales means you are selling products or services directly to the customer. This type of business is normally run by a part-time or maybe full-time sales distributor, from their home or online. The products or services are usually niche in nature which create a higher level of demand, because you are the only rep available selling that product.
Is there more than one type of direct sales?
Yes, generally direct sales businesses tailored to the marketing plans in relation to what works best for their products or service.
There is three basic direct sales marketing plans and they are:
- Single-level direct sales
- Host or party-plan sales
- Multi-level or network marketing
Single-level direct sales
Single-level direct sales is the most basic and simplest method of sharing products and services. The distributor sells to the customer face to face.
This may be done various ways such as:
- In person or online presentations
- In person or online meetings
- Sharing product or service catalogs with friends
- Doing trade shows
- Host parties or coffee mornings
- Or even doing door to door sales
Whatever method is used, the sales process is singular in the sense that the customer buys your products and you build a relationship for repeat sales. So, generally, the product will be something that the customer needs to purchase regularly.
Host or party-plan sales
Host or party-plan sales are similar to single-level direct sales with a slight twist. Party-plan is an old concept that has sustained itself because it really does work. The only marketing method that has started to beat party planning is online marketing.
The main concept of hosting a party is that the host arranges a house party in a customer’s home. The customer invites her or his family and friends and the host presents the products in a fun and interesting way. Party plan is a fun and social event. The customer who shares their home for a party plan event normally receives 10% of the hosts taking in products. This is an incentive for sharing their home as well as a thank you.
Party plans in some cases use multi-level or network marketing in the business plan depending on the product or service.
Multi-level or network marketing
Multi-level or network marketing is my preferred method of running a business. After over 20 years in the industry I have enjoyed the success of running a MLM business. The main reason why I have been successful is because I run it like a business.
The list below are just a few reason for running a MLM business:
- The financial risks are minimal.
- There is a high demand for high quality and niche products and services.
- You can work part-time and make a residual income.
- Unlimited income potential.
- Overheads are almost nothing because you do not need to employ anyone.
- No inventory mean more cost cutting because there is no warehouse space needed.
- If you are working from home the operating costs are very low.
- When you build your own team you will gain leverage from their sales.
- You can choose to work wherever you please, however the internet is generally needed.
- The most important, gain personal and financial freedom.
There are a few misconceptions regarding multi-level or network marketing. The main one is when a company says they are direct sales this simply refers to the relationship the distributor has with the customer. So, MLM is direct sales because the rep is directly talking and selling to the customer while the compensation plan allows for the rep to build their own business network to leverage their income.
The other misconception is that direct sales and multi-level marketing are some kind of pyramid schemes.
So, to make it clear pyramid schemes are illegal and have been for some years.
The simple way to assess if a direct sales operation is really a pyramid scheme is if there is no real product or service. This means if your customer is not going to benefit from their purchase in any meaningful way, it is likely to be a pyramid scheme. Fortunately, the law is so strict that it is very difficult for any pyramid scheme to even get started.
Other signs that you are getting involved with a pyramid scheme:
- You will be told that you will get rich quickly.
- You will be told that recruiting is more important than selling the products.
- You will be asked to pay a lot of money to join.
- You will not understand what the hell you are being asked to sell.
Is Multi-level or network marketing legal?
Yes, it is a legitimate business model which has been around for years. It has suffered from bad press in the past, but the new age of MLM has allowed it to flourish globally and gain a better reputation.
The key to finding a legitimate direct sales business in the MLM industry is to work with well established company. The newer ones were generally founded using the stricter laws and so have a more honest and transparent business mindset.
What is the world top network marketing company?
If you are new to network marketing or have been flirting around the concept consider some of the newer companies. The reason is, the newer companies have been founded with the new laws and standards brought in over the last 20 years. In addition, they have the best business ideas to make money.
The new laws were created to standardize the industry and to give the affiliates a better legal standing. Some of the older companies, even though they are meant to incorporate their business with these new laws, find it very difficult to let go of the old dogmas of the past. The newer network marketing businesses were founded with the understanding they were starting a company with these new laws.
Out of all of these companies, one that shines above the rest is doTERRA. doTERRA is an essential oils company that was founded in 2008 and consequently became a multi million dollar business. The main reason for its success is quite simple.
- An honest and respected company by both the industry, the customers and the affiliates.
- Their products are of the highest quality and sorted out by a vast customer base.
- doTERRA offers a very low start up fee of only $35 / 20€ / £20 which includes a FREE webshop, 25% off all products and no monthly fee.
I believe that these are the three main aspects that made doTERRA what it is today. However, in addition doTERRA offers a great compensation plan that allows everyone to make money from day one.
Is starting a international business with doTERRA an easy process?
Simple answer is yes!
To make the process as easy as possible I have laid out the enrollment instructions below. These instructions will allow someone to enroll from anywhere in the world even in countries that are not yet fully open. So, if you cannot find your country in the enrollment form, try the next two options:
If you believe you live in a European / EU country click on Europe on the form see if your country is under Europe.
If you are not in Europe or any other country showing on the form click on “Global access” countries. Your country should be there. It is slightly more involved becoming a Global access partner, but finally worth it if you want to be a global leader and founder in a new zone.
How to enroll as a doTERRA affiliate?
- Click here
- Choose your country and language – Click to continue
- Select “Wellness advocate” (The Wellness advocate option means you are interested in running doTERRA as a business) – Click to continue
- Fill in the enrollment form
- The enroller and sponsor ID is: 930175
- Once you have filled in the form correctly, select your products or kits
- Purchase your choosing products (wire transfer and all major credit cards can be used)
- Add your delivery address
- Finalize your order
Within a few minutes you will receive a confirmation email confirming your order. Then within three days you will receive another email from your enroller and sponsor. Their role is to help and support you in any way they can.
Starting a international business is not as hard as it sounds
During my journey with doTERRA and MLM I have realized a few profound things that defined weather I was going to be successful not not.
And that is:
Family and friends do not want to sell my products or build a business with me.
Is it personal?
Of course it is. That doesn’t mean you should be offended or unhappy with your nearest and dearest. In fact it should be a relief. This means you can stop wasting possibly months of your time convincing them to buy your products and even partner up with you and run a business.
At the end of the day, it is more important to have a good relationship with people you love rather than risk it over a business.
So, what is the solution?
You have found one of the top hot new business ideas, hopefully doTERRA and you need to branch out beyond your close circle of friends.
How is this possible?
This internet is the only way to go and that is why I published an eBook for all of my team to resolve the family and friend issue.
Sharing any business online requires new skills. However, even though many online marketers want to give the impression that it is too difficult for the little folks in direct sales it really is not. It simply needs a clear and logical instruction manual to break the tasks down into simple bites.
And that is exactly what this eBook does.
To find out more about running a direct sales business online click on the button below and check out “Beginners guide to online prospecting in network marketing” by Steven Jackson.
Conclusion to “I want to start a business but have no ideas”
At the moment there is no doubt that the best business to start with little money is doTERRA. It is the whole package. doTERRA is a simple, honest and reliable opportunity with high quality products that customers want to buy. In addition, it is affordable to start and its members support is the best available in any direct sales company.
So, the next time you say to yourself, “I want to start a business but have no ideas” from now on you know that the choices are vast. Direct sales has much to offer at a price we can all afford.